2018-2019 POW - MIA PROGRAM
All those who fought and served their country when they received the call, were men and women of courage, judgment, integrity and dedication. Where does dedication end? You can never put an end to dedication. After all, those who remain Prisoners of War or are still Missing in Action are still serving with never ending dedication. For them, it can never be over. For us, we can never let their sacrifices, or them, be forgotten.
Any POW-MIA chairperson or Post Commander who submits a report to Department chairperson no later than April 30, 2017 will also receive additional points for the following.
1. Two (2) points for each month that POW-MIA flag is flying at Post or a member's home.
2. Three (3) points for each POW-MIA flag sold by Post.
3. Six (6) points for each POW-MIA flag donated to community for display.
4. Fifteen (15) points for each POW-MIA activity.
5. Fifteen (15) points for best overall program with pictures.
6. Two (2) Points for any POW-MIA supplies sold or donated
All reports should be submitted with photos or newspaper clippings.
Send Checks to:
Department of Michigan VFW
Earmarked POW-MIA Fund
924 N. Washington Ave.
Lansing, MI 48906
All other Reports should be submitted to:
The following are the days that the POW-MIA flag should be flying:
Armed Forces Day - the third Saturday in May
Memorial Day - the last Monday in May
Flag Day - June 14
Independence Day - July 4
National POW-MIA Recognition Day - the third Friday in September
Veterans Day - November 11